Thursday, May 18, 2017

More Nuvo Glimmer Paste Sparkle for Online Card Class Homework


I really liked the look achieved when I mixed Nuvo's Moonstone Glimmer Paste with shades of dye inks for a sparkly ombre' background on my cards and today I am sharing one more card with that technique I learned on Day 5 of the Sparkle and Shine Online Card Class I am taking. The live class is done this week, but you can take the class anytime and I highly recommend it. For my first card, I combined three shades of Distress Ink with my Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste and applied them directly on an A2 piece of heavy white cardstock. When it was dry, I decided it looked like water, so I die cut and attached some fish from Penny Black. I wanted to say "keep on swimming" as an encouragement for someone going through a rough time. I had a strip of cardstock that was sponged with blue Distress Oxide inks and spattered with some water, so I pulled out my Sophisticated Script letters from Concord and 9th and started stamping each letter. I love these stamps because I can personalize any card with a calligraphy script- way better than my writing! But I ran out of room, so I had to say swimmin'. Let's pretend that is exactly what I wanted to do:) Here is a close up of the sparkle on this card:





For my last homework card, I spread on Nuvo's Blue Topaz, Tanzanite Lavender and Amethyst Glimmer Paste full strength combining the colors a little as I changed colors on the background piece. I created the heart with another technique I learned. I covered a heart cut with Tonic Studio's Traditional Hearts Layering Die Set with Versamark and Nuvo Ballerina Pink Embossing Powder and melted it with my heat gun. That process is repeated several times to get a thick layer of embossing powder. I found to get enough layers it is best to start with a super thick embossing powder like the Ultra Thick EP from Ranger. Once the embossing powder is thick enough, I swiped on some red, pink and purple dye inks and then melted it again with my heat gun. The inks will move around and run down for a faux marble look. I die cut and attached a favorite sentiment from Tonic Studios. Here is a close up of the heart and sparkly background:



Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Karen - thanks for giving us a rough idea of what you did in the classes
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool cards and love the shimmer on them.

Lin said...

How fun are these, Karen! Love those neat fish dies, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Crafting with Darcy said...

Both cards are just beautiful! I especially love the Keep on Swimmin' card. The background is beautiful and I love your PB dies!!
Hugs, Darcy!!