Monday, March 6, 2017

A Fun Foil Card and Discovery


I clicked on a link at a blog post that featured a set of dies I just couldn't resist recently and discovered two more websites I am happy to share with you. The first is Kat Scrappiness where I found some awesome dies and Foilables by Creative Vision Stamps. I am loving the foiled look on my cards using Deco Foils and when I received the Foilables I chose from Kat Scrappiness, I discovered they were from a Wisconsin based company named Creative Vision Stamps.  I contacted them and visited with them this last weekend at the Rockford IL stamp show. Of course I had to buy some more Foilables in their booth and will be sharing them here on my blog soon. Foilables are sheets of patterns or sentiments made out of toner paper so all you need to do to make a beautiful card is lay a piece of Deco Foil over them and run them through your laminator. So easy and beautiful! Here is a link to the Foilables page at the  Creative Vision website.  If you have a laser printer, you can get a download of the patterns and print your own. If not, you want the actual toner sheets. 

I chose a fun Foilable pattern and ran it through my laminator with a piece of Emerald Watercolor Deco Foil. It is hard to capture the shine and different colors of this foil in a photo, but I love the look. I die cut "Hello My Crafty Friend" from Kat Scrappiness, layered it on a Sizzix label die and attached to the card front with pop dots. I couldn't resist the sentiment set from Funny Bones by Riley and Co. that I also found at Kat Scrappiness. I stamped it, attached at an angle and added some black Nuvo Crystal Drops. Here is the inside of the card- and you know the recipient is going to open it:



I cut a strip of the the negative of the Foilable pattern sheet for the inside of the card and will use the rest in another card I design. Love it! I think my crafty friend will too and so will the members of my in home class when I teach it next month.

I am entering this card in the Make Your Own Background challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

4 comments:

Krisha said...

I adore your card.....you little rebel!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that cool foil background. Really jazzes up the card a lot. And, that is some cute sentiments too!

Julia Sandvoss said...

We agree our Deco Foil IS hard to photograph however we thank you for including it on this fun card!

Kath Stewart said...

wow your background is amazing...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy the rest of your weekend...hugs kath xxx