Monday, February 27, 2017

Bugs and Hugs Pop Up Card with Die-Versions Dies


Happy Monday everyone! It's my turn to post a card on Die-Version's blog and mine, and I am sharing  a birthday card I made with the brand new Bug Friends die set from Die-Versions. I love to make cards for kids and when I saw this cute set of bugs in the newest release, I knew I had to play with it. I created a top folding A2 card base and attached the Happy Birthday Corner to the top. I die cut the Momma and baby snail out of green, plaid and black scraps and paper pieced them together. I die cut “BUGS &” out of Die-Versions alphabet die. The best part of this card is what pops up when it is opened:

Four panels of cute bugs and hugs twist and pop up to surprise and delight the recipient. There are many ways to make this twist and pop element, but I did a tutorial on the easiest way I have tried here if you would like to try one. I die cut three more bugs from the new Bug Friends set for three of the panels and added Die-Version’s “hugs” too. I think my grandson will like this “bugs and hugs” pop up card. Here is a close up of those cute bugs:


**Remember you can get a 15% discount on any of Die-Version’s great dies by simply using my discount code karen15 when you check out at the Die Versions website unless the dies are already on sale.

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a cute card and great design with the fold out design.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun and fabulous card Karen!
Blessing
Maxine