Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Music is Life Mixed Media Card



I saw a video here on a background technique that used Distress Inks and soap bubbles and it looked so fun, I just had to try it. I made this card with one of the pieces and if you look in the background, you can see the bubble marks. Here is a picture of some of the other pieces I did with different colors of Distress Ink:



The center one also has dried Elmers Glue on it. The darker the distress ink, the better the results. I will make some cards with these and share them soon. I used Dusty Concord Distress Ink on my Music is Life Mixed Media Card. Before I sponged and dipped the card front into the bubbles, I stamped the lovely musical tree with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. The guitar and tree (from Fun Stampers Journey) resisted the ink and bubbles. After sponging and dipping in bubbles, I let the piece completely dry. Then I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment and Postage Stamp (both also from Fun Stampers Journey.) I applied Nuvo's Black Diamond Glimmer Paste though Tonic Studio's Falling Diamond Stencil on both sides. Then I die cut Tonic Studio's Piano Melody Die out of a purple scrap, backed it with white and attached it to the card. The Black Diamond Glimmer Paste (from Tonic Studios) is sparkly and adds great dimension to the card.  I love all the colors of this great new product! It is hard to show the dimension and sparkle in a photograph, but here is a close-up: 



I am entering this card in the Anything Goes (with a stamp) challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Nice collage of elements in this card.