Friday, November 11, 2016

Layered Sparkle from Tonic Studios


I was having so much fun playing with Tonic Studio's new layering dies and Nuvo glimmer pastes that there was no way I was going to stop after my three design team projects this month. The sparkle in the glimmer pastes is so beautiful IRL and the pictures do not do it justice. I die cut three Mixed Edge Oval Layering Dies and attached them together with temporary tape on a square white card. Then I used a stencil knife to apply Blue Topaz Glimmer Paste through a swirly snowflake stencil by Echo Park. After washing the stencil and knife (very important to do this immediately) and letting the glimmer paste dry, I pulled the ovals apart and attached them as shown raising each one with mounting tape. Here is a look from the side showing the dimension better: 


I die cut the beautiful Rococo Winter Snowflake from Tonic Studios out of a navy blue scrap and added some sparkle to the edges with Silver Gem Glimmer Paste. I finished the sparkle with a Silver Moondust Glitter Drop in the center of the snowflake. On the inside of the card, I layered two of the scalloped ovals from the same Mixed Edge Oval Layering Die Set (half are scalloped and half are not and all fit on an A2 card!) and added a "Joy to the World" sentiment wish (also from Tonic of course.) 



I am entering this card in the sparkle challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

3 comments:

Krisha said...

Beautiful Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and I love that gorgeous snowflake.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card! The black snowflake is beautiful and original! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara