Saturday, September 24, 2016

Little Tonic Studios Boxes Perfect for Giving

The theme of my favorite challenge to enter at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is "Gift It" and that is perfect for these little gift boxes I am sharing today using some new Tonic Studio Box dies I just received. I have created two special little gift boxes and my first one was made with the Crystal Carousel Box Die Set. I started with a pretty two sided cardstock weight green designer paper and die cut two of the Carousel box bases. I learned how to put the box together -especially the top part- from this Tonic Studios video. There are many options provided with this die set to decorate the sides and I used three of the side options die cut out of red and gold Tonic mirror card. I added some red and gold Nuvo Crystal Drops to complete the pretty gift box. Here are a couple pictures of the other sides: 



I also played with the new Tonic Tent Gift Bag Set and made a bag for a men's gift. Here is a look at both sides of that one: 




I started with a nice striped cardstock weight paper from Tonic's Winter Wonderland 8x8 Premium Pack and die cut the gift bag base. I also cut the rectangular decorative piece and tucked the top of the bag inside it to hold it closed. I stamped "For You" (from IO Stamps) on the little tag in brown ink. On the front of the gift bag is a beautiful stamp from Northwoods I just bought at a used stamp sale for $1.00! I stamped it on specialty paper and sponged distress inks on after masking the duck for a pretty sunset scene. I think this little bag would be perfect for a hunter or lover of wildlife and a gift card or some cash would fit in it to make him or her smile.

4 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful gift box and bags! I have the Carousel Box Die Set yet unused, so thanks for the video!

Celeste Goff said...

This is so cool Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

All are such great projects. I especially love the duck scene on the leaf.

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous gift box, I love your design, very clever
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x