Thursday, August 18, 2016

Can you help my Son celebrate his Birthday?

Different post today. My son's birthday is coming up soon and this is what he is asking for: 


I am hoping for your help in a cause of mine. Many of us have no idea what it's like to be thirsty. We have plenty of water to drink -- even the water in our toilets is clean (though we encourage Ludo not to drink it)! (Ludo is their sweet puppy.)
But many people around the world don’t have that luxury. Every day, about 1,400 children die from diseases caused by unsafe water and poor sanitation, sometimes water that they walked hours just to get. But it doesn’t have to be that way. There are simple solutions like drilled wells, spring protections and BioSand filters that help provide clean water to communities around the world.  That is where charity: water comes in.
I started this fundraising campaign to help charity: water build these types of projects around the world, and I'm looking for anyone who can help me.  I am donating my 36th birthday (coming up in a couple months so starting now!) to the cause because I already have anything I need and there are people that don't even have clean, safe water to drink. 
This is where you come in.  Please donate to my campaign -- anything you can give is a huge help.  I am hoping that you can donate $36 for my 36th birthday - if you can donate more that is amazing, but any amount will help.  The link to my campaign is provided below.
100% of the money will be used to build clean water projects (literally 100%, they have other donors that pay for all corporate cost and overhead - every dollar donated will go to a project), and when they’re complete, charity: water will send us photos and GPS coordinates so we can see the exact community we helped.  And you will of course receive a receipt for tax deduction purposes. 
I set up the campaign goal for $4,000, which would be 100 people donating $36 plus our initial funding. I would love to beat that.  $10,000 would be enough to fully fund a project and bring clean water to a community.  But every dollar helps.   We have 45 days for the campaign so hoping to act quick.  Please share this with anyone else that you think would be interested in bringing clean water to people around the world, post to social media with the links on the site, or anything else that can help raise awareness for the cause. 
Thank you for your generous contribution to our cause (or at least reading all the way down to this part of the email)!  Please read more on the charity: water website and watch videos of children drinking clean water for the first time.  Their lives are truly changed by something that we can help provide. 
This is the link to my campaign.  Even if you cannot contribute, I encourage you to visit the site and see the amazing work that charity: water is doing.  
 Can I say how proud I am of my son:) Here are some pictures from our recent weekend visit with Brian, his wife Kristy and my super cute grandson Evan:



It was my big grandson's birthday celebration and Brian took us all to the Museum of Science and Industry as Nate's gift. 

Can you help with this great cause? Any amount would be so appreciated and 100% will go to getting life saving water to those who need it. Thanks!

No comments: