Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Best Wishes with Lindy's Magicals and Tonic's Butterfly Header Die


This colorful card is the last in my series of cards featuring Tonic Studio's Garden Terrace header dies and their Miniature Moments sentiment dies. My assignment for Scrap and Stamp Arts was to show different ways to use the same dies. Let's face it- die cuts can be expensive, so when you make the investment, it is good to know different ways to use the dies. This time I started with a beautiful background created with Lindy's Magicals watercolor powders from their Fall Collection. I chose Cat-tail Copper, Tibetan Poppy Teal and Autumn Maple Crimson and sprinkled them on a piece of watercolor paper. I spritzed with water to release the gorgeous colors and then let it dry. I die cut the butterfly header from Tonic's Garden Terrace Header set and deliberately left all the pieces in the butterflies at the top. I held them in place with small pieces of regular tape. I die cut the same die in the bottom of the card front letting the white of the card base show through the die cut holes. These dies all have a separate edge that can be used with the die (as on the top) or not used (as on the bottom) for two distinct looks. I added the Miniature Moments "Best Wishes" sentiment in the center of this colorful CAS card. Links to the Tonic header and sentiment dies I have used in this series of 5 cards can be found by scrolling down on my blog to the other cards I created in this series.

3 comments:

Fikreta said...

great card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love it Karen - your use of the magicals is fabulous and the die cuts are wonderful - thanks for this series.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Lovely mix of colors.