Monday, July 11, 2016

Amazing Cool New Products and Dies and a Nuvo Glitter Drop Tip


July is a less busy month for me with no classes to teach or cut for and no article deadlines to worry about, so I have been playing with some NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) that has been sitting out in my craft room. I just got some new colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals which are watercolor powders similar to others I have, but have a very pretty sparkle to them built in. I sprinkled teal, silver and dark green (which looks like black) onto watercolor paper and spritzed with water for this fun background. After it was dry, I attached it to an A2 card base and added a fantastic new die cut from Impression Obsession. I punched a butterfly out of a scrap of the Magicals background. 

I added a Nuvo glitter drop to the butterfly that I prepared in advance. I discovered a new way to use Nuvo's Glitter and Crystal Drops- you can squeeze either directly onto small glue dots and let dry, then pick up and place on your card with no worries of touching or messing it up while it dries. I knew you could make them in advance on release paper and attach with a wet glue, but this idea (shared by Paula on Create and Craft for Tonic Studios) is even more brilliant! 

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Cut It Up and Scrapy Land.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a dramatic card Karen - love the way the powders formed the background, and that die cut is a stunner
Blessings
Maxine

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Lovely background on this card and that die cut sentiment is beautiful. That's a cool tip about the glitter drop. :)

Thanks for celebrating our 100th post with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Verna Angerhofer said...

Pretty background for that cool die phrase.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up, good luck!!! Amy DT