Sunday, March 22, 2015

NBUS Butterfly Cards


I have been playing with a brand new butterfly die from Pete Hughes for Sizzix, a new technique and some new ideas from an Online Card Class I am taking on getting more from our dies. The beautiful butterfly was cut out of a piece of glossy cardstock with blue, yellow and green Brusho Crystal Colours spritzed with glimmer mist. I tried a new technique after that on the piece, but it did not work. But I still liked the glossy piece and cut two butterflies out of it. I was going to place one on top of the inlaid butterfly on this card, but it was too pretty to cover up, so I ended up with two cards. I die cut the beautiful butterfly from the center of the aqua blue and lime green diagonal cut card front and inlaid the butterfly in the open butterfly space. I embossed soaring butterflies (Craft Concepts), added some mini butterflies punched out of the glossy colored cardstock with a brand new butterfly punch from Fiskars. I added the word Soar die cut with a new alphabet die from Die-Versions.
So after the first card was done I had the two diagonal pieces left, a half green and half aqua butterfly and a die cut butterfly out of the glossy Brusho piece to make another card with.  I attached the duo-colored butterfly along the diagonal color change center with the aqua blue over the lime green and the lime green over the blue. Then I attached the glossy butterfly with glue dots on the body only so the wings are raised and you can see the duo colored butterfly underneath. I added some punched butterflies and some blue and green gems to complete this card.

Darnell is having another NBUS challenge at her blog here and I do love playing with NBUS and am entering these cards in her challenge. I am also entering them in the Anything Goes challenge at ArtbyMiran and the no dp challenge at Crafty Catz.

9 comments:

Aurelia Aurora said...

Gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with our challenge #28 at Art by Mi Ran challenge blog.. Hope to see you again on the next challenge.. Good luck at the draw.. <3

hugs,
~RoRa

JD/ Jill said...

Neat way to use your dies to make this very creative card!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful butterfly die, Karen. Your unique design and color combo are stunning!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful butterfly die, Karen. Your unique design and color combo are stunning!

Dolores Raml said...

Love how you used the butterfly die for inlaying it to your card. Genius idea.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are so beautiful and what a lovely butterfly die that is too.

Cindy said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.

kiwimeskreations said...

Karen these are stunning cards - love the blue/green backgrounds and the glossy butterflies.
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

Great job on your homework, Karen! I agree that butterfly on your first card should not be covered up! And your second design is WOWsome in every way!! Great job getting two cards made!! And thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell