Monday, February 9, 2015

Stamps and Stencils for Repeat Impression's POTW


It's my turn to do a Project of the Week for Repeat Impressions and I am sharing ways to use stencils with stamps and stamps with stencils. I have purchased many of the inexpensive plastic stencils from a variety of sources and had fun experimenting with them to enhance Repeat Impression's great stamps. My first card above features an open heart stamp that is actually a hot air balloon. I cut off the bottom part leaving a nice open heart that I sponged various patterns from stencils in a variety of colors of Distress inks from Ranger. I used stencils from Tim Holtz, Crafter's Workshop and one I made myself with acetate and a die from Spellbinders. I embossed the cardbase with an embossing folder from Darice and added the Happy Valentine's message stamped several times.

I love how this card turned out with the peach colored distress ink, a Memory Box stencil background and the Wings Negative stamp. The stenciled background shows through the wings on the stamp beautifully. I added the sentiment in black and layered the front piece on a black cardbase.

My last card also uses a Memory Box stencil and distress inks, along with fun stamps from Repeat Impressions. I turned the stencil to create the illusion of water in the fish bowl and paper pieced the fish. I added another fun sentiment and layered onto a green cardbase.

If you have stencils and open stamps, try using them together for easy and fun cards.

I am entering the second card in the No Pink or Red challenge at Open-Minded Crafting and the first card in the Add a Heart challenge at Sweet Stampin'.

11 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are all so fabulous.

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely cards Karen, and thanks for the inspiration of combining stencils and stamps.
Blessings
Maxine

Vicky Briggs said...

Really great ideas! Love them all.
Vicky Briggs

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Beautiful cards. Greetings Janny

Verna Angerhofer said...

All are super wonderful cards. Great job on all!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous set of cards, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card, I love all those hearts!
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Rebecca Wong said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining Open Minded Crafting FUn Challenge. xoxo.
Rebecca, DT

Petra Swart said...

Great use of those beautiful stencils and stamps, Karen!!!! Lovely cards!!!

Lynne said...

What a cute cards!!!! Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Open Minded Crafting Fun DT

Unknown said...

All of these are really great! I love how the butterflies stand out in the second card and the fish bowl looks really great! Thank you for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you back again soon.

Hanne, DT