Sunday, August 3, 2014

Shaped Mrs. Santa Card


I love making shaped cards and that is the challenge this time at Virginia's View Challenge. I used my Grand Calibur and the largest grands Labels 2 to create the card base for this card. Then I die cut the green layer with a smaller Labels 2 Nestabilities die. The dress die is from Stampin' Up and I cut it in sparkly red and white. I added a black belt and a snowflake for the belt buckle. The "joy" die (from W Plus 9) was cut twice in red dp and green and layered together, and I added a snowflake and red gem to complete the holiday card. This card is part of my "Dresses to Die For" class that I am teaching in my home.

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes (for Christmas) at Winter Wonderland.

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Oh, Karen! This is absolutely FABULOUS! I love how you make great use of your Spellbinder dies to create this Christmas card! I adore the glittery details! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge!

Brenda said...

I love shaped cards too Karen and yours is super cute! I love how you took the SU dress and made it into a cute Christmas dress. Love that joy die too. Hugs, Brenda

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Mags
x