Monday, June 2, 2014

Enjoy Clear Views Easel Card for Classes

I am sharing a new card today I made with Clear Views Transparencies from The Mark-It Place, and it is one of three cards included in a new class featuring these lovely transparency pictures. I cut out an opening from the top of the easel piece with a Spellbinders die and created a frame with two matching dies. I attached the Clear Views picture and a piece of vellum behind the opening. The vellum covers up the back of the picture and also serves as a white background so the picture is clearer and easier to see. The "enjoy" is a new die cut from Penny Black and is part of a word set I just love. I stamped the perfect sentiment from Crackerbox Palace and cut it out with another Nestabilities die. I raised it with pop dots so it holds the easel card open and added blue sequins just for fun and to dot the j.


The real unique part of this card is that there is an opening in the back of the card (cut with another Nestabilities die) where the recipient can put a tea light that shines though the Clear Views picture at night. It is really pretty in real life- but hard to photograph. I had seen this done with vellum in the hole in the front and decided to try it with a Clear Views transparency and love how it turned out. This card could be used for a retirement card or a birthday card for anyone who loves the peaceful view of a lake.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Time 4 Scrap and Scribble and Scrap.

4 comments:

Scrap d'Aurane said...

Très jolie plage. Merci d'avoir participé au challenge Time4Scrap. Aurane/DT-T4S

Scrap d'Aurane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beauty and so clever making the thing light up with the tea light. I have never done a card that way but did make sort of a faux sleeve and put a flameless (battery operated) tea light inside it.

Sharon Smith said...

What a lovely delicate card. the image is gorgeous and I bet looks amazing when its darker!
Thanks for sharing with us at Scribble and Scrap

Sharon x(DT)