Saturday, June 14, 2014

Butterfly Stencil and Inlaid Die Subway Art Card

I am having so much fun playing with stencils. There is so much you can do with them! In this case, I started with an open butterfly stencil from Heidi Swapp and sponged with light blue distress ink over another funky rectangle stencil from TCW. Then I removed the background stencil and sponged the edges of the butterfly with a darker distress ink.

I die cut the "thanks" (from Lil' Inker) twice- once in the front butterfly piece and once in a peach, then inserted the peach thanks in the negative from the card front. You also have to save and insert the little white pieces from the center of the a, k and s. Then to create the subway art look, I stamped various thank you sentiments over and around the inlaid die thanks. I added a few small butterflies (Memory Box die) to complete the square thank you card. If you would like to make one yourself and are local to Wausau, this is part of my newest class in my home. Contact me to arrange to set up a class for you and your friends anytime.

I am entering this card in the stencil challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Girls.

5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cool. I love your stencil butterfly design. Glad I got a couple minutes to turn the computer on. LOL Grandma needs a rest though.

MaryH said...

Love the way you've used these stencils. Think I've got that b'fly stencil and some others that would work as you've shown here. Wish I lived where I could enjoy your classes! TFS & for the inspiration with the stencils. Made a beautiful card, and I really like the way you did the inlay sentiment. Haven't tried that yet.

Jo Nevill said...

I love your card. I love the way you have used all those sentiments at once.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Teresa said...

Lovely original design, very modern.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges - good luck x

Helen said...

Love this - a really clever design.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges.

Helen x