Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Subway Art Inlaid Die-cut Card and Blog Candy Alert!

**Reminder: you can win some sweet blog candy!  Click on the picture on the side of this blog. Leave a comment on that blog post and be sure to become a follower and you could be one of the lucky winners!**

I played with some of the techniques from the online CAS class I am taking this weekend, and this is one of the birthday cards I made:
The subway art look is very popular right now and I pulled out some of my favorite birthday and friend sentiments to make this card. The "friend" was cut with my Silhouette diagonally on a white piece and again in light blue. I attached the blue friend inside the negative space on the white card front so it laid flat and then stamped right over it with the various sentiments. I added some light dots by sponging with purple ink through a Heidi Swapp stencil.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Sister Act and 613 Avenue Create.

5 comments:

Ina G said...

Love it Karen - those big bold sentiments sure pack a punch.

Ina G said...

Love it Karen - those big bold sentiments sure pack a punch.

Vicki Dutcher said...

AWESOME job! I love the idea of the subway art and you rocked it!!

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

Fantastic!!! What a creative card!!! Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Ave Create.

Hugs, Melissa DT

kanatanewf said...

Fabulous take on the Subway art trend. Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B.