Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pastel Colors 4 Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids

It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at  Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is Pastel Colors 4 Kids. Create and link any card for a child using pastel colors and you could win one of our great prizes.

We have three very generous sponsors for this challenge:  Crackerbox Palace is giving their winner a $15 gift certificate! Kenny K. Downloads is giving their randomly picked winner 3 digis of their choice!  And Sassy Studio’s winner gets 4 images of their choice! TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge. 

My first card above features the beautiful Girl on a Swing by Crackerbox Palace. If you follow my blog, you know I love Crackerbox Palace stamps! I stamped her on vellum and colored from the backside with subtle pastels. I decided to feature her pretty hat and so I stamped it on yellow polka-dotted paper and paper pieced it to the front of the vellum image. I attached with little flower brads to an aqua card base and added the perfect sentiment (also from Crackerbox Palace.)
My second card features Dancer from Kenny K.  I printed her on white cardstock, did a little coloring with Copics and paper pieced the rest. I created a musical stencil with my Silhouette and their cutting files and sponged in various pastel colors to create the background. I hope one of our teen-age girls will like this card.

I am entering these cards in the Girls, Girls, Girls challenge at Cute Card Thursday, the For a Special Girl challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the Anything Goes challenge at Aud Sentiments. 

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Great card super colours hugs cheryl xxx

Sharon said...

Two great cards for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

Jingle said...

These are cute! That second one is so much fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!