Saturday, January 25, 2014

Double Stenciled Apache Blessing Card


I was playing again with stencils after watching the videos on the on line Stenciled class I am taking this weekend and think the barb wire from TCW might be my favorite of my new plastic stencils I have bought so far. I wanted some more options for stencils to play with, so turned on my magic Silhouette machine and die cut a couple stencils that I downloaded for free from Get Silvered here.  Pam at Get Silvered has awesome free Studio files and great ideas that she shares on her blog. I sponged her floral background on the top with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and oversponged with the barb wire stencil with Wild Honey Distress Ink. Then I stamped the beautiful Apache Blessing stamp from DRS, rounded the corners and added a wooden dragonfly (Recollections) that I also sponged with pink ink and the barb wire stencil.

I think I like it even with unusual color choices?

Stamping and stencil smiles, Karen

No comments: