Sunday, December 29, 2013

Last Holiday Cards on Silhouette Sunday


No obvious diecuts on this card, so guess what I used my Silhouette for? Did you know that even without buying a single cutting file, you can cut circles, ovals, and just about any simple shape you want any size you want? I have the pokey patterns from Stampin' Up and wanted the oval mask to fit perfectly inside that poked oval. But my oval Nestabilities were not the right shape. So I measured the oval size I wanted, drew one and sized it perfectly to cut the mask for the sunset sponging over this winter scene from Penny Black. The sentiment is from Northwoods. I layered on pink and then on a navy blue card. We have so much snow, we really are knee deep in beautiful winter moments- as long as it stays off the roads and the temp is above zero degrees. That's not too much to ask for, is it?


I wanted to use some of my new holiday washi tape before it was too late and I saw a card on line that used a tag continuing a line of washi tape from the card base and this is what I came up with. Of course I added some embossed snowflakes (Sizzix) and a fun little sentiment from CTMH. The tag was cut out quickly and easily to the perfect size with my Silhouette and a free file I downloaded to my Silhouette library with my Designer Edition software. Add a bow of bakers twine, some snowflakes and gems and the quick holiday card is complete.

I am entering these cards in the Winter challenge at Brown Sugar and the Something New challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity. All the stamps in the first card are new purchases that I used for the first time.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

4 comments:

cass said...

Beautiful winter card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

Unknown said...

this is such a beauty thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week and good luck

GetSilvered said...

This is a beautiful scene Karen. I'm not a stamper so I'm fascinated with all the techniques you use to get the fabulous end result.

michele said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week, Happy New Year! hugs x