Sunday, September 8, 2013

Silhouette Sunday Halloween Time


At the Silhouette Blog Challenge this week they want to see our Fall projects. I have been meaning to make some Halloween cards for my kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids and since I had a few minutes today, I played with some of the fun Halloween cutting files I have purchased from The Silhouette America Store. 

I call my Silhouette Portrait my "magic machine" and I truly believe that. I made these cards today with the little time I had to play. I also made 100 thank you notes with my Silhouette this week, but that's another story for another blog post...

I loved the witches boots I have seen on Halloween cards the last few years, but am hesitant to spend the money on a set of stamps I will use so little. But at 99 cents max for cutting files (even less with my subscription) I can make some really cute Halloween cards easily and inexpensively. These witches boots are by Miss Kate and I thought the sentiment was just perfect (all files are from The Silhouette America Store.) I embossed the background of this card with a spider web embossing folder from Cuttlebug and sponged some black ink around the edges.


I had some extra witches boots so I added one to the inside of the card. I love to emboss the whole card so the inside and back are embossed as well.

My second Halloween card was so simple to make but I think one of my kids will love it. I added some googly eyes to the Boolicious - what a fun word:)

I am entering these cards in the "All About Kids" challenge at Jellypark Challenges.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

4 comments:

Cazzy said...

I love the boots, I have seen a stamp but not cutting files. I think I am going to have to get a better cutting machine and ditch the eCraft, I just can't get on with it after years of trying.

Carol

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Great texture on your cards! I love that you do the whole card too! Cute as can be! Thank you for playing with us @ Jellypark Friends.
Hugs,
Georgia

Anonymous said...

Karen, Boolicious card. Is there a cutting file for the artwork and font?

Karen Hasheck said...

yup- #13973 and #33085 in the Silhouette cutting files store. (not the font, but a Boolicious words cutting file.)

Karen