Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tiger Vellum Birthday Wishes!


I recently learned a new technique with vellum paper that I am having so much fun with! My buddy Barb shared with us how easy it is to stamp on a vellum piece with an ink that does not smear (I used Archival Black Ink by Ranger) and then from the back, "color" in all the white parts with a round tipped stylus. The vellum you "color" will pop up and turn white and this is even more beautiful in real life! I used  one of my favorite old TAC stamps for the technique and framed him in a "polaroid" embossed frame. I layered the whole piece on a two sided cardstock for a nice masculine card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Challenges 4 Everybody.

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Gorgeous card Karen love that image and it comes out beautifully on that vellum
Jacki xx

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Awesome image!!!

jimlynn said...

Sensational!!!!
Lynn

Sandy said...

A very effective technique. Your tiger looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week
Hugs,
Sandy