Sunday, August 18, 2013

Personalized Cards for Special Kids on Silhouette Sunday


The challenge this week at the Silhouette Blog is to use our Silhouette cut shapes in unexpected ways. I recently purchased some fun frog shapes for a special young lady who loves frogs and the color aqua blue. I cut the frog silhouette out six times with chipboard and then created an embossing plate with them (see pix below). Using a very thick embossing rubber mat called No More Shims, I embossed a lightweight blue paper. Then I sponged with an aqua blue ink to highlight the frogs. I cut a green frog silhouette and the "sweet" sentiment with my Silhouette, and attached it all to a black card base.

Here is a picture of the inside of the card (with a sweet print and cut frog also by Silhouette America) and the embossing plate I created with the chipboard frogs:



I am also sharing the card I created for my grandson for when he goes back to school soon. The School Rules Blackboard and the Batman bat are cutting files from Silhouette and the designer paper was from a friend. My grandson loves school and super heroes- not sure which one more? - so I combined the two for his back to school wishes.


I am entering this card in the School Time challenge at Clearly iStamp.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the School Rules! Thanks for entering the ClearlyiStamp School Time Challenge. Debbie McNamee CiSCDT

Heather said...

What a great back to school card and such a great idea to combine his two loves into one adorable card! Thanks for playing with Clearly iStamp.

Kathy D. said...

Oh love that paper you used!! I also like that chalkboard die cut!! Cute.

Thanks for playing in Clearly iStamp Blog Challenge #5- School Time! Hope to see back on Friday Aug 30th for challenge #6!!

Kathy D.
Clearly iStamp Blog Challenge Coordinator/Clearly Digi Stamps Design Team

Vicky Briggs said...

Your grandson is going to love the card! You are doing wonderful cards with the silhouette!
Vicky Briggs

Indy's Designs said...

Your grandson will love this card! THANKS so much for sharing at Clearly iStamp's School Time Challenge!
{hugs}
Debbie

Gail said...

Your creation is so cute! Thank you for linking up to CDS challenge and I wish you the best in the random.org selection - have a wonderful day! Gail DT

CanadianScraps43 said...

Karen your creation is so wonderful with it's bright and cheerful colors. This is sure to bring a smile to any face. Thanks for playing along with us at Clearly iStamp Blog Challenge.

Katy said...

This is so cute! And I totally understand about superheros-my son is the same way! I love how you incorporated the bat! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Clearly iStamp!--Hugs, Katy DT :)