Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What If? Wed. Sketch Challenge at Repeat Impressions

 
 
It's time for another fun sketch challenge at The House that Stamps Built and we are challenging you to make a card using the sketch below and link it up for a chance at some great Repeat Impressions rubber! For all the details on what you can win and to see the other Rock Stars cards using this sketch, please visit our blog.

For my card, I used one of Repeat Impressions beautiful sentiment stamps as the focus of the card. It is sooo true! I have been wanting to play with my sadly neglected alcohol inks, so I pulled them out and made the background with them. I punched a border punch on each side of that piece using an ek success punch. The oval silver piece was punched and embossed with a nestie and gems added. And the background was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.

I am entering this card in the challenge at Lollipop Crafts for “Sentiment as the Focus”. 

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Pretty background and I like the gems on the oval.

Sonia said...

Hello Karen
Beautiful creation! GREAT JOB!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
-Sony - DT LC
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the mat you colored with the alcohol ink - looks so cool!

joy said...

Great card - love the embossing folder - I've not pulled out my alcohol inks in a long time, you've inspired me to get them out.

Cheri said...

LOVE your alcohol marker bg, Karen. You've inspired me to pull mine out and give them some love.

Leanne said...

Wow!! this is really cool!! love the tie-dye look and the embossing. Gr8 job!
Thank you for joining our Lollipop Crafts challenge this week!
;)