Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hooked on Crafts and Lexi's Creations Challenges

The challenge this week at Hooked on Crafts is Try Something New and Anything Goes at Lexi's Creations. I got a new leaf brass stencil by Dreamweaver and I tried a new technique again using the No More Shims Embossing Pad and love how it turned out. I started with a pretty but subtle floral patterned paper and embossed the brass stencil with my Big Shot and the thick No More Shims pad. Then I sponged on a green distress ink to bring out the leaves shapes. This stencil would be pretty in fall too with fall colors, but I wanted to try the spring shades. I added some gems and a sentiment sticker and layered on purple and green cardstock to complete the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

valen said...

Wow, what a elegant card! I love how you did the leaves =)Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations

sharon said...

Lovely card. I just love the embossing. Thanks for sharing it with us at Lexis creations. Sharon x