Monday, March 14, 2011

Repeat Impressions SOTW Bird and Blossoms

It's Monday again and time to show you another beautiful RI stamp of the week. This week it is this lovely Bird and Blossoms (1321-M) stamp which is available to RI blog readers at 50% off with a special discount code found at The House that Stamps Built. What a deal! Check out their other awesome stamps at the same time- available wood mounted or really reasonably priced unmounted.

I stamped the bird and blossoms onto velum and colored with markers from behind. I also sponged and embossed the oval cut with my nesties. The background is a new embossing folder technique I will be demonstrating at a gathering of stampers the end of the month in Madison. It is very subtle and the paper is not embossed. You ink up the inside of a embossing folder (this one is from Cuttlebug) and use your brayer to transfer the image to your paper. The corners are rounded and I added pearls to complete the card.

I am leaving today for a week plus trip to sunny warm Arizona to visit my sister and brother-in-law. Will be sooo great to get out of snowy Wisconsin and relax in warm weather. I will (to be honest) miss blogging, but have scheduled a few posts for you while I am gone.

Stamping and vacation smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Karen! What a cool technique! Have a wonderful time in Arizona.

Whimsey said...

Beautiful Karen; love the background stamped image too!

Have a super vacation!

jimlynn said...

Stunning card! Love how you used the vellum. Just lovely.
Have fun on your trip.
Lynn

Mrs A. said...

Love this image and your technique sounds very interesting. Have a great holiday.

joy said...

I like the technique of coloring on the back of the vellum - I'd like to try this! You have made a beautiful card.