Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Repeat Impressions Sketch D110


I used the sketch from Repeat Impressions to inspire this holiday card. It includes my first attempt at a poinsettia using punches from McGill. I am taking a class next week to learn more about how to make the flowers, but I think this turned out pretty good for a rookie. I also used a couple CB folders and the dove punch from Martha Stewart.

Thanks for all your votes for OWH in the JoAnn's contest- they ended up in 2nd so received $25,000 for all their mailing and other expenses so our soldiers can continue to receive handmade cards to send to their loved ones.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

~Heidi~ said...

This is a beautiful card. You did a great job on the poinsettia!!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a beautiful card - I love that poinsettia dn the embossed panel! THanks for playing in the Repeat Impressions sketch challenge!

Lynette said...

So, so beautiful! Love all the embossing, and your poinsettia is perfect - who needs a class! Thanks for joining in the Repeat Impressions challenge.