Monday, December 13, 2010

Fellow Stampers- can you help?

Please see the request below from a friend and fellow stamper:

Hi friends!

I need your help. I have a dear friend and fellow demonstrator (Bonnie Resch from Wittenberg) 6 weeks ago Bonnie's 19 year old son Braydin, fell out of his tree stand and was injured badly and may never walk again. He is paralyzed from the waist down and currently has use of just one finger. He is in the hospital in Milwaukee where he will undergo physical therapy 4 hours every day for the next 12 - 18 months. There is no guarantee he will ever walk again but Braydin is determined and will not quit trying.
I just got off the phone with Bonnie as she was driving home from Milwaukee. She has 3 other children at home to tend to so her and her husband take turns staying with Braydin in Milwaukee.
When you hear stuff like this - we sure have a lot to be thankful for!

Here is where I need your help (and I think I've come to the right source!) While talking to Bonnie I asked if there was anything I could do to help her out and she told me that Braydin loves getting mail. When you are sitting in a hospital room all day, everyday sometimes it's the little things that you look forward to and in Braydin's case he now lives for the mail.

So..... if you are up for doing a good deed, would you please send Braydin a card.

His address is:
Braydin Resch
5SE-Room 13
Froedtert Hospital
9200 West Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226

Thanks for helping if you can- and remember he will be there a long time so maybe after the holidays and every so often you could send another one too. And share this with as many stamping friends as you can. Stampers are the most caring people I know so like my friend Connie said, I know I have asked the right people to help out!!

Stamping smiles, Karen 

No comments: