Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Distress Oxide Sponged Fall Cards


I recently played with my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks with some friends and will be sharing the cards I made here on my blog. Today I am showing two cards I made with a stencil I created using a large leaf die from Stampendous cut out from an acetate sheet. I taped the stencil down with temporary tape and sponged on Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks through the leaf stencil. Then I stamped the beautiful fall bird from Inkadinkado before removing the stencil. I layered that piece on black and then onto a gold cardbase. I attached the Thinking of You die cut from Papertrey Ink and dotted the i's with black pearls. 



My second card is similar but I chose a different angle for the sponged leaf and then stamped with a Penny Black trees stamp. I added a "thankful" die cut from Gina K and layered the card front on black and gold.

Since the die I used on the first card is NBUS, I am entering it in the NBUS challenge here on Darnell's blog. 

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous. Great use of dies as stencils. Love that you stamped silhouettes inside the leaf.

Glennis F said...

Stunning cards

Fikreta said...

very beautiful cards!

Brenda in IN said...

Both cards are really pretty. I love the scenes inside the leaf.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous cards, Karen xoxox

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that you added some little scenes in your colorful leaf designs.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful Autumnal leaves Karen - love how you made your stencil :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

These are so cool, Karen! I think the idea of stamping an image inside a leaf is just amazing! You did a great job with the fall colored sponging!! Thank you so much for playing three times in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell