Sunday, October 23, 2016

Heartfelt Sympathy Embossed Tonic Studios Card


It’s my turn to post a project on Blog Tonic USA and here and once again I am sharing a card I made with Nuvo Embossing Powders and Tonic Studios dies. I discovered and shared here on my blog a new technique using Nuvo embossing powders on sticky 2 sided sheets of tape attached to cardstock. When the embossing powder is melted with a heat tool on the sticky sheets, the result is a bumpy textured finish. You can choose to mix your embossing powders as I did on the tutorial I linked above, or just use one color of embossing powder as I did on the blue textured background of this sympathy card. I cut a piece of a sticky tape sheet attached to cardstock 3 ¾” by 5 ¼” and then die cut the outside only of the New Life Cross out of the center. I removed the top of the sticky sheet and applied Serenity Blue Embossing Powder all over the sheet, then heat set it with my heat gun.  I die cut the cross pieces again in white cardstock and popped that piece into the negative cross shaped hole before attaching it all to a navy blue card base. Here is a close-up of the blue textured background and lovely floral cross:


I added the Miniature Moments “Heartfelt Sympathy” die cut out of white to complete the front of the card. I decided to use the cross I had previously cut out of the center of the sticky two sided front piece in the inside of this sympathy card:


I embossed the cross with Tonic’s Simple Stripes Embossing Folder using my Tonic Tangerine, and then removed the top of the sticky paper. I dumped Nuvo Hot Chocolate Embossing Powder over the cross and heat set it with my heat gun. I love the gorgeous textured finish on this beautiful cross. I attached it to a white piece of cardstock and stamped “Sharing your Sorrow”.

If you love die cuts and crafty project inspiration and chances to win great Tonic Studios prizes, you will want to join the new Tonic Fanatics Facebook group!  Here is a link to the group or search Tonic Fanatics USA on Facebook and join up today!

Tonic Studios and Nuvo Products Used:  Verso New Life Cross and Miniature Moments Heartfelt Sympathy dies, Nuvo Serenity Blue and Hot Chocolate Embossing Powders, Tonic Simple Stripes Embossing Folder, Tonic Tangerine Die Machine, Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer, Tonic Funky Glue Pen; Other: heat tool, double sided sticky sheets, inside stamped sentiment from Sparkle and Sprinkle Sympathy Script Set  

3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful card Karen!

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful card Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful sympathy card design.