Friday, February 5, 2016

Mixed Media Design and Happy Dance!


It's Crackerbox Palace Friday and today I am sharing a Mixed Media style card I made with Crackerbox Palace stamps. I don’t often design cards in this style, but I was inspired by the new Just Mixed Media! Issue of Just Cards I received this week. The magazine is packed full of beautifully photographed mixed media wall art, tags, atcs, journals and cards. I have a four cards in the issue including a Happy card on the cover (a first for me.)

I started the card above by heat embossing with white embossing powder a few fun stamped images from Crackerbox Palace. Then I sprinkled on orange, green and purple Color Burst powders and spritzed with silver iridescent Glimmer Mist. I added some black Viva Modelling Paste through a TCW stencil. When that was dry, I sponged on some black distress ink through another TCW stencil and around all the edges. I also did some doodling in the petals of the center flower with a thin black marker. I attached the completed card front to a black A2 card base. 

I am entering this card in the anything goes challenges at Jo’s Scrap Shack and Crafting from the Heart, and the "text" challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine.

8 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Congrats on being published AND being a Cover Girl!! Love your mixed media piece. I definitely want to do this type of project more often.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! Gorgeous colours and design. Congratulations having four cards in the magazine and being on the cover too! So cool! xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Karen - love those white embossed images, such fun!
Congratulations on making the cover too!
Blessings
Maxine

Rosie said...

Just gorgeous, Karen

Have a wonderful weekend

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful card and congrats on making the cover besides being published.

Sandy said...

Lovely mixed media creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT

shirley-bee said...

Great mixed media card, Karen - love those images! Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

Linda said...

Fabulous mixed media project .... love the colours. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge. Linda xx