Friday, February 19, 2016

I'm a Die Cut Addict- No Intervention Needed:)


I admit it- I am a die cut addict. I just can't stop myself from buying them- especially if they are unique and brilliant like this Pixelated Heart die from Neat and Tangled. I saw it on a card and just had to have it! It is sold out on the Neat and Tangled website but available here at Ellen Hutson.

But I am getting ahead of myself. Here is the front of the card:

There are two dies in the package- the smaller pixelated heart above and the larger die that cuts the pop up heart shown in the first picture. I learned how to use the die here on this blog post with a video. It is not easy to work with until after watching the video. I started with a red card base 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" and embossed it with a hearts embossing folder. I cut two pixelated hearts and added pink glitter to the smaller one (much more sparkly IRL.) I attached the "you & me" die cut from Little B.


But the magic happens on the inside of this card! I just love how the pixelated heart stands up when the card is opened! I die cut the smaller heart out of the center of the pop up heart and attached Tim Holtz's "forever" on the inside of the heart.

I am entering this card in the Dies R Us challenge to use Red and the Hearts challenge at Deep Ocean.

4 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

This looks amazing! I love that die cut sentiment inside the heart!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Karen - this is amazing!!
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

WOW!!! This is awesome (you're such an enabler, lol). Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘RED’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. This beautiful creation also qualifies for the new challenge at DOUBLE D Please come check it out.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What an amazing card you made with that die. I don't blame you for wanting it. It makes a great pop up card.