Monday, October 12, 2015

Sparkly CAS Christmas


I am always fascinated when I make a background with B/B or CB (Bisters/Brushos or Color Burst powders) to see what colors and patterns show up. I just used purple and yellow Brushos on this background with gold glimmer mist, but check out the touches of pink and blue that showed up. The background is all sparkly as is the gold on the die cuts, but it is hard to show that in a photograph. I cut the dies (all from Memory Box) out with two sided sticky paper and applied gold leafing on one sticky side, then brushed off the excess. I am loving all the gold I see being used in cards this year and this is an easy way to use the gold leafing most of us bought years ago. Another CAS sparkly Christmas card for my stash.

I am entering this card in the CAS Christmas challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and the Sparkle challenge at Addicted to CAS.

8 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous Christmas card. Love that background and what a great way to use the gold leafing.

Robin said...

So very pretty! Love the colors! Hugs, Robin

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous background Karen, resulting in a stunning card with the gold sentiment and doves
Blessings
Maxine

Kara Lynne said...

So beautiful! I love how there are so many colors within the colors!

Loll said...

Wow ... your brushos background is AMAZING!! Love the colours. And your gold die-cut embellishments really shine - so pretty! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

Doni High said...

I know what you mean about how hard it is to capture the sparkle with the camera...so if it's this beautiful in your post, I can only imagine it IRL. Fantastic job. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card for the Christmas season giving! Love the background.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! this is stunning, I really need to get some brusho...luv the look...thanks for the inspiration! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

I am having a World Kindness Giveaway on my blog, stop by and comment for your chance at winning....
http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-best-day-ever.html

sparkle & shine *~*