Sunday, October 11, 2015

Curvy Box Fun for Halloween


Halloween is fast approaching and a while back I purchased the Curvy Keepsake Box die from Stampin' Up because I was seeing so many cute creatures you can make with it on Pinterest. I showed all the ideas to my grandson and he picked the spider and Mike Wazowski as his favorites.  The spider was easy to make because this kind stamper gave directions in her blogpost here.  I made a bunch of these for Nate and for a party coming up at my home. I used lots of  circle punches and dies for both, and the spider legs are made with two square dies, then cut in half.

Mike Wazowski was not as easy, but I figured it out. Here is a link to the original one I found on Pinterest, as well as a cute Santa, Angry Bird and penguin on the same blogpost.

I am entering these boxes in the Use a Die Cut challenges at Wags 'n Whiskers and Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge.

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This is so inventive!! I love the realistic look in this! Here is my post about the Lego set-up for the camera (you tube video taping): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5bQcZdW3dQ
http://virginialusblog.blogspot.ca/2014/07/multiple-stamping-and-my-camera-setup.html
Hope this helps!

Virginia L. said...

Here is the photo post about the set up: http://virginialusblog.blogspot.ca/2014/07/number-die-from-penny-black.html (I used a Nikon point and shoot camera D7100 for the video taping, not Iphone or camcorder)

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so cute. Not only useful as containers but make great decorations too!

Anjie said...

Hee hee such fun makes. Thanks for joining us in our Use a die cut challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (DT)

Peanut said...

A tua criação é muito linda, Karen. Belas cores e cheia de vida. Agradeço muito teres participado no PolkaDoodles esta semana. Espero ver-te novamente no concurso da próxima semana.
Beijinhos, Asha (DT)

Claire said...

Gorgeous projects, so clever and fun! Thanks so much for joining our Use a die cut' Challenge at Polkadoodles
Claire xx