Thursday, September 17, 2015

Magical Favorite Technique


One of my favorite current techniques is to use masking fluid to create snowflakes on a pretty Color Burst background. I created some dots for snowflakes with masking fluid, then sprinkled on several shades of blue Color Burst and spritzed with water. After the piece was dry, I rubbed off the masking fluid for some pretty snowflakes. I embossed a Tim Holtz reindeer die cut with some swirly snowflakes and attached him with a "peace" die cut (from Ellen Hutson.)

I think peace would be pretty magical, so I am entering this card in the Something Magical challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies.  I am also entering this card in the "Love this Technique" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, and the Die Crazy challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. 

8 comments:

happyglitzygirl said...

Love this card, great die cut. Christmas is magical to me as well, love it. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Karen - love the background - the vibrancy of the colours is the making of this card.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful card and I love the snowflakes you made.

Carrie said...

Karen, thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I'm delighted to be your newest follower!

Susan Hogan said...

Yes, definitely magical time of the year - love your reindeer. I have been holding off purchasing some of that sprinkly boost stuff but every time I see a great background I want it! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies!

Sandra said...

I love that technique too. If you have a masking fluid that dries clear, it's even fun to let it stay on the project and create some extra texture. Wonderful card. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

maureenb said...

This card is stunning in so many ways! The gorgeous background, the embossed die cut- the perfect sentiment to go with it, the snow, my gosh the snow! Thanks for the inspiration.

Gayatri said...

Love the texture given by embossing on the reindeer. Gorgeous background makes the reindeer pop. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Die Crazy Challenge :)