Sunday, September 6, 2015

Coffee Deep Impressions Card


I am having so much fun playing with techniques I learned from videos by Fran of Stampendous on U-Tube! Her Deep Impressions technique is my favorite currently, but I also used instant coffee on the background of this card after watching another video on that technique. After the instant coffee spray was dry, I sponged on the lines with distress ink and a stencil and stamped the coffee stains, steam and the perfect sentiment from Crackerbox Palace. Here is a closeup of the dimension and shine of the coffee cup:


Isn't that gorgeous? The embossing powder I used primarily was Aged Copper from Stampendous which is a combo of gold, copper and green/blue. I stamped with an awesome background stamp from Technique Junkies into the molten embossing powder. I finished the card by sprinkling distress ink mixed with water with a small paint brush for the random dots.

I will be teaching this technique at an upcoming local workshop. If interested, email me via the contact feature on the side of the blog.

I am entering this card in the "Take a Stamp" challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine and the Make it Colorful challenge at Simon Says Stamp. 

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Karen - and thanks for the close-up of the image :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome card! Love the texture on your coffee cup!!

Linda said...

Stunning!! Love the background and all the texture on your coffee cup. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

Jingle said...

That texture is so cool! Very nice! Thanks so much for playing along with our Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Gio said...

Love the grungy feeling and the wonderful texture. Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous project... lovely colors!! LOVE the cup...
Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I want to touch that cup, and I love the background Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)