Thursday, August 13, 2015

Happy Birthday Purse Card


Did you ever seen an idea on line for a card and knew you had to make it- and buy the whole stamp set so you could? That was the case with the zipper stamp for this purse idea posted on Gina K Designs here. Of course, when I went shopping at Gina K, I didn't stop at just one set either... You will see more cards with my other new goodies soon. But I got a chance to play with the zipper stamp and their purse idea and this is what I came up with. The embossing folder I used is a new one from WeR Memory Keepers- one of several which are my favorite right now. Here is a closer look to see how deeply these folders emboss:

I followed the instructions on the video to cut an A2 card, round the corners and cut a piece out of the top. I heat embossed the zippers in gold, then embossed the front of the purse with the WeR Memory Keepers embossing folder. I added a black purse handle and some beautiful older brads. Then I stamped Happy Birthdau (from Flourishes), cut out with a Stampin' Up punch and added three small pearl. I love how it turned out and will be sharing the card with my in home classes.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Sweet Stamps and the Metal Embellishment challenge at Inky Chicks.

4 comments:

Migdalia said...

WOW!! This is Gorgeous!!
Have a wonderful day,
Millie
Crafting With Creative M

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Karen - love the texture as well as those stunning zips!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great purse card. I saw that idea too and want to order that stamp set eventually.

Glittered Paws said...

What a great purse card - love the zipper stamp - it simply made the card complete.