Monday, June 29, 2015

Cherish is the word...


"Cherish is the word I use.." - remember that song from the 60s? Guess I am dating myself by admitting that I do:) But it was a very pretty song. I like the word and used my new set from Tim Holtz for Sizzix for the uplifting sentiment on this card. I die cut the large butterfly (also from Sizzix) out of two sided adhesive paper by Sookang. Then I removed the top paper to expose the sticky tape and covered each wing of the butterfly with a different color of fine glitter. I also  put the sticky adhesive paper behind the small butterfly die cut openings (Memory Box die) and sprinkled a rainbow of glitter butterflies along the edge. I also die cut some small white glittery butterflies with the Memory Box border die.

I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp and Word Art Wednesday challenges.

7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Saw this on FB and could not wait to tell you how much I like this look! This is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Karen, this is so beautiful. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 189th Challenge. We appreciate you very much.
Blessings, Carole

Becca Cruger said...

Rainbow, glittery, and gorgeous!! I'm super jealous of the Tim Holtz die. Love that scrawling text!

kiwimeskreations said...

Very pretty Karen - love how you have used the negative die cut of the butterflies - thanks for the inspiration :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Christine said...

Beautiful card . Love all the colour and movement. Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

Beautiful card . Love all the colour and movement. Thanks for sharing.

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Stunning card! I love butterflies and glitter so this is the perfect combination! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)