Sunday, February 1, 2015

Danish Hearts Double Easel Card


I have been wanting to try a Triple Easel Heart card and I watched this good tutorial on how to make them. But I was also so inspired by the Danish hearts on this card that I had to go to Simon Says Stamp and buy them immediately. I made the three heart sizes in the Danish Heart die set (by Simon Says Stamp) with Tim Holtz's Kraft-Core Shattered red and kraft paper by Core'dinations and added the white stitches like in my inspiration card.

The video describes sizes from the Stampin' up set of heart dies, but I have the Nestabilities set from Spellbinders. So I created the base with the largest scalloped heart die in white. The Danish heart dies are smaller than the SU hearts, but they did match up well with the medium sizes of the nesties set. The Danish hearts are attached to mini heart shaped cards with the top bottom half folded down for the easel. Because the dies I own are so much smaller than the ones described in the video, I decided to make a double easel card instead of a triple easel card.  I used the third smallest Danish heart (on pop dots) to hold up the other two hearts. I attached the Love and You die cuts to finish the card.

Here are a couple more pictures of the card- one from the top and one with the card closed:



If you watch the video you will understand the basics of a triple (or double as in my card) heart easel card, I am going to teach this card in my monthly classes starting again in March. If you are local, there is still room for you and/or friends, so contact me if interested.

I am entering this card in the Stitching (Real or Faux) challenge at Crafty Catz and the Hearts challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers.

8 comments:

Judy V said...

Beautiful card Karen!

Liz said...

What a fabulous design! I love how the hearts are woven. Beautiful! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card - love your colours of kraft and red!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! You always amaze me with the fantastic designs you come up with. This is awesome. I love the colors of it too!

Petra Swart said...

So creative and very beautiful, Karen!!!! Love the colours you've worked with - the white sentiment and base looks great!!!
Have a lovely day!!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Karen! Love those Danish heart dies! Hugs, Brenda

NickScrapShack said...

This is so clever Karen! Love the fold and it looks awesome with the stitching around the edge like that.

Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck and hope to see you back soon.
Nick

Unknown said...

Hi Karen :)

If you ever want to sell the dies for the Danish Heart, please have me in mind. I have been searching for them for a long time :-)

Kind regards, Sanne