Saturday, July 26, 2014

Embossed Ribbon Card for Challenge


The challenge for next month's stamp club was to make a card using this blue ribbon - recycled from a lanyard. I decided to feature it as the focal piece, folded for four loops and topped with a couple wooden flower embellishments. I started with a black card base and a white piece where I stamped the encouraging sentiment from Avery Elle. Then I die cut a fancy circle by Spellbinders and ran them through the Big Shot embossing them twice. I did the x's first, then the dots for a unique embossed look. I added a couple black candies to complete the card.

I am entering this card in the embossing challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Ribbons.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Great way to recycle that lanyard Karen! I love how your card came out, the double embossing looks fab on those fancy circles and I just love that sentiment. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and a great recycling job with that lanyard.

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen, fab recycling.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...another gorgeous card Karen! I love that beautiful shade of blue you used and what a sweet flower.