Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Seas The Day!

I recently received some new Kitchen Sink Stamp sets that I earned by being published with their stamps- they have wonderful sets of stamps and a very generous publication incentive! This sailboat is from a small set of stamps and is a series of blues and black to create this realistic looking sailboat. I stamped it on watercolor paper that I cut out with a Nestie circle die. Then I used a water brush and distress ink to create the sea and the sky. I layered it on several squares and diagonal squares and added the dp corners for a fun sketch.  I added the perfect sentiment from the same set of Kitchen Sink Stamps. Of course- as is the case with all my favorite cards- I am sharing this one with my monthly classes in my home.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Scribble and Scrap and 613 Avenue Create.

11 comments:

~ginny said...

Hi Karen - I am a sailor & I am so impressed with your rendition of the sea below your boat - beautifully & realistically done! Your matting and the papers you chose make a great design - thank you so much for sharing your project & creativity at our house!
Challenge #75 - ATG / or 'National Pink Day'
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Kathy S said...

Congrats on the win. I love the watercoloring on your image. The background sky is so realistic as is the drift in the ocean.

JennyH said...

Love the water colouring on this Karen.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I am now following you via Bloglovin : )

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Karen many congrats and loving this make hun - thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and I m now following u too hugs Judith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful sea scene and I love the other colors you implemented to create it. Your card is awesome!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Karen! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! I love your watercolour background and the gorgeous layout! I would like to follow you but Blogger will not let me - told me to try later so that is what I will do! I'll be back! In the meantime I'll follow you on Bloglovin'. Wishing you a joyful day!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Tried it again and voila! I'm following you now! Have a great day, Karen!

Brenda said...

Love the card and I love, love the water coloring!! Hugs, Brenda

Dewi Lestari said...

Fabulous, Karen! Have follow your blog too
Hugs
Dewi

Kim Heggins said...

Simply fabulous card Karen! I love your beautiful scene you created.

Alyx said...

Fab for the boys! Gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx