Thursday, June 5, 2014

Celebrating a New Adventure


I am so excited to share that I am now a monthly contributor at an on-line digital magazine called Die Cut Crazy. This is the card that was published in the June issue available right now on iTunes for iPad and iPhone owners. (If you do not have an iPad or iPhone, there is going to be a PDF version available very soon.) I just received my copy of the issue and I am blown away! 53 Pages of Die Cut Awesomeness! 11 articles with great cards, techniques, reviews, etc. I am so making some of these cards! There is page after page of reader cards that can be submitted via Instagram or email. There is a monthly challenge and if you enter, your card will be published! The theme is Jewelry- Diamonds, Engagement & Wedding, Tiaras.  So if you ever wanted to get your cards published in a magazine, this is your perfect opportunity! One month subscription (that renews automatically until you cancel it in iTunes) is only 99 cents!!  There are even better deals if you buy a year's subscription. Here is a link to the subscription details:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/die-cut-crazy-mag/id590620928?mt=8.

Between Memorial Day, Flag Day and 4th of July, I have been feeling patriotic lately, so I was inspired to make this Stars and Stripes Shaker Card. I stamped the stars (Kitchen Sink Stamps) on a white piece, then embossed it with a stripes embossing folder (Stampin' Up) inked with red ink. I created the star shaker with star Nestabilities dies, acetate, and various sequins. I finished the card with a few more star sequins and small red gems.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Crafty Sentiments Designs and Papertake Weekly (summer is the optional challenge and what is more summer than red, white and blue for 4th of July?)

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I absolutely adore that pretty card and making it a shaker one is awesome. And, congratulations on your new status at the magazine. They have a true asset in you.

Regina Easter said...

awesome card........just in case you didn't get my email:

Hi Karen, how are you? hey just wanted to let you know that your our customer spotlight over on the cafes blog today...with this comes one free set from our online store...you can see the post here: http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/cutting_cafe_blog/2014/06/friday-customer-spotlight.html contact to get your free set fabriccutups@prodigy.net thanks regina