Sunday, June 2, 2013

Graduation Time at Silhouette Sunday


It is the time of year for graduations and I have both a niece and nephew graduating this year. I am participating in the Weekly Shape Challenge at the Silhouette Blog with this card. The sentiment above is the Weekly Shape and is sold as a vinyl quote. The blog showed several other ways you could use it, but my question- as a rookie- was could you use it with paper and on a card? The answer is YES! I wanted to purchase some of the other vinyl quotes but don't have any vinyl or plans to get any soon. So I tried this one and it works beautifully on a card too. I simply cut out the expression and a graduation hat in white and attached to the card front. Simple but awesome:)

I am fascinated with the positives and negatives of the Silhouette cut files. There are so many possibilities for design using both of them. Here is the inside of this card where I sponged the shape using the paper I had cut out the graduation cap from:

My second card is one I made for my niece's graduation card. Her school colors are purple and gold. I used several Silhouette cutting files and added a diploma made of money rolled up tight and tied with matching baker's twine.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Sister Act Card Challenge.

Stamping smiles, Karen

2 comments:

Vicky Briggs said...

I like your idea Karen. Great card. Love the swirls.
Vicky Briggs

NanaConnie said...

Love them both, Karen, but the sentiment on the first one is so perfect for a graduate! Love the way you did all three of the grade caps. :-D