Friday, April 26, 2013

Simon Says Stamp and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges


Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges this week and that is my favorite kind of challenge! I can pick any of the cards I have recently made and share with you. I have had so much fun with the SU dress dies and this is a birthday card I made for a dear friend recently. I cut all three pieces of the Stampin' Up die set- the black dress form, the sleeveless dress in white and the short sleeved dress in blue. I sponged the white "cleavage" and attached it under the blue dress. I stamped some flowers in Versamark and added a thin ribbon belt and flower. The card base is black with an embossed blue piece (folder by Tim Holtz for Sizzix). I used my nesties to make a "mirror" with sparkly white paper and black frame. I love it and will be making some more of these dress cards for sure!

Stamping smiles, Karen

5 comments:

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) the dress is lovely and the embossing and details are fabulous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Vicky Briggs said...

Like the dress and the stamp on the bottom part. I like the flower, nice addition. I like the oval that looks like a mirror.
Vicky Briggs

Jennifer said...

Fabulous card, Karen...love those blues!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Karen B said...

Karen, that is a great idea to layer the two dresses together to get a different neckline! Smart! I love what you've created with the Dress up Framelits!