Thursday, May 3, 2012

Craft Your Passion and Karen's Doodles Challenges


The challenge this week at Craft Your Passion is to use lots of texture and at Karen's Doodles we are to make something for the kids. I made this card for my sister to give as a part of a gift to a friend who is expecting. She will receive 30 thank you cards she can use for her showers or when the baby is born. I love to give cards as gifts- everyone needs them!

I embossed the background with my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folder, Swiss Dots. I cut a large circle with my Grand Calibur dies and folded in half, then cut and embossed a half circle in white. The stamps and ribbon are from Stampin' up. The baby's pjs are paper pieced and the lace border is from Martha Stewart.

Stamping smiles, Karen

2 comments:

Kari said...

This is so cute!Love the colours!
Thank you for joining Karen`s Doodles and
good luck!

Hugs,Kari :)

Lisa Minckler said...

30 thank you cards? That's wonderful! Your card is precious with that little bitty baby. :) Wonderful embossing choices too.

Thank you SO much for playing along with us at Karen’s Doodles for our challenge.
Best of luck to you and we hope to see you again next time!
Hugs,
Lisa xx