Monday, November 28, 2011

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week


The stamp of the week this week at Repeat Impressions is this fun Candy Cane Santa, and it is available this week only for 50% off with the discount code found at Repeat Impressions blog. What a deal! Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the other Rock Star's cards using this stamp.

For my card, I started with a white card base and punched the vine border from Martha Stewart in red. My brilliant daughter was the one that pointed out that this vine border punch also looks like Christmas tree bulbs and I have used it for several holiday cards now.

I cut a green circle and stamped the HO!HO!HO! from Repeat Impressions and then layered it on the card, cutting off one side. I paper pieced Candy Cane Santa, did some coloring with Copics, cut him out and raised him above the green circle. Then I added some gems to complete the card.

I am entering this card in the Santa challenge at Crimbo Crackers .

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Karen... I love your card and that punch that you used is awesome!! The Santa image is really cool!!! Have a wonderful day!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card - love the HO HO HO background!

joy said...

Wonderful card! Love the border you made and the dimension you have created.

Unknown said...

This is so cute and fun! Love the background of Santa! Wonderful card.