Saturday, September 3, 2011

Birthday Fun for Kids at SAS4Kids!

It's time for a new challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and this time we are challenging you to make a birthday card for a child and link it for two chances at some great prizes. Our generous sponsors for this challenge are The Cutting Cafe' who is giving three sets of digital stamps or cutting files to a random lucky winner; and Stamp Fairy who is giving the lucky winner a $9 gift certificate at their online store. I used a cutting file from The Cutting Cafe' to make this darling dress card and I just love how it turned out. Wouldn't it be cute for a little girl? I used my favorite embossing folder, Swiss Dots from Cuttlebug on the whole blue dress and added some dp and ribbon and punched stars to decorate. The inside has a cute saying from Stamp Fairy cut out with my nesties and some more punched stars.





My second card is made with some great birthday digital stamps from The Cutting Cafe'. I printed the background stamp on red and blue paper, printed the presents and paperpieced and printed and cut out the three birthday scalloped circles and added a candle brad to complete the card.

So come on, and make and link up a birthday card for a child - you have until September 16th at noon CST to join in the fun. Please visit our blog to see all the other TEAM S.A.S. cards or click on their names on the side of my blog anytime for inspiration from these talented ladies.

I am scheduling this blogpost ahead of time because I am visiting my sweet grandson and family this Labor Day weekend. He is starting kindergarten on Tuesday- oh, how fast the years go! It seems like yesterday I was seeing him for the first time in the Intensive Care Unit at Neenah Children's Hospital all hooked up to machines because he was born 6 weeks premature. But he received wonderful care and is happy and healthy now and the light of my life and so you can see why this cause means so much to me. Hope you have a great weekend too!

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

BOTH are great! Love that little "dress" card with the cute stars on the pockets.
Lynn