Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What If? Wed. DCC Challenge


Lynette is hosting our Designers Choice Challenge this week at Repeat Impression's blog, The House that Stamps Built and she has chosen Father's Day Cards with Texture. I love to use my embossing folders for texture so this was a fun challenge for me. I embossed a kraft card with a Tim Holtz embossing folder and then rubbed brown ink over the raised parts. I stamped the Wings Negative strip with brown ink on a lighter brown piece twice and attached them together on the side of the card. I layered the sentiment (Repeat Impressions) on a dark brown piece and added a dragonfly brad to complete the card.

Please visit our blog for more inspiration from the other Rock Stars and for all the details on the challenge and what you can win. Then come play with us!

I am entering this card in the challenge "For Dad" at ECP Challenges.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great embossing folder, Karen, and a great card, too! I love the "neutralness" of it.

joy said...

Great texture - it shows up well and I love the little dragonfly brad!

Unknown said...

I love the texture on the BG and monochromatic color! Beautiful done!

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done Karen - I love the panel of texture with one of my favorite images on the other! I also love the monochrome design!