Monday, May 9, 2011

First Critter Sketch Challenge Post

Just ask my grandson what my favorite color is and he will tell you Grandma loves green:) And it is finally starting to green up in central Wisconsin! Green and yellow is a great color combination and it is the challenge this week at Critter Sketch Challenges - use green and yellow in our cards. Our fantastic sponsor this month is Wags n Whiskers and their generous prize is 6 digital stamps or 3 rubber stamps from their awesome collection of stamps.

For my first card as a member of the design team at Critter Sketch, I chose to make a boy's birthday card with Wags n Whisker's cute racecar boy digital stamp. I paper pieced the car and his hat and raised the headlights and #1 on the side with mounting tape. The pennants on the top were cut with Nestabilities and I added green stickers for the sentiment. The background is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.

So come join the fun at Critter Sketch this week - pull out your greens and yellows and play along!

I am entering this card in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp to use paper piecing in our cards.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh Karen I just roared with laughter when I read your "I'm so afraid" etc at the top lol. I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who does that, I did slip up though as hubby bought me a few Magnolia's for my birthday so now I tell him I buy them really cheap on ebay lol.

Your card is super cute hun, I love the pennants and how you've arranged them.
Congrats on your new DT post.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our paper piecing or piercing challenge :)
hugs Mandy xx