Monday, April 4, 2011

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week & ODB Challenge

It's Monday again and I am starting to love Mondays because every Monday I get to introduce you to another great Stamp of the Week from Repeat Impressions that is available this week at the RI blog,
The House that Stamps Built for 50% OFF! This week's fun stamp is the Bird Bath above. I found some paper that looks just like marble and paper pieced the bird bath and added the small bird from RI ready to splash in the water. The background was fun to do: I embossed (Cuttlebug) the blue piece which was slightly smaller than the gold card. Then I cut in 4 pieces diagonally and attached to the card with some space between each blue piece. 'Course I used my nesties to cut out and emboss the ovals and sponged the inside of the white piece while it was still in the nestie.

I am entering this card in the challenge at Our Daily Bread to use birds in our cards.

Stamping smiles, Karen

8 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great layout to show off this sweet image!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun layout and so beautiful with your colors, the embossing, and the beautifully colored image!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful card Karen! I love the card design and the little bird on the birdbath :)

Whimsey said...

Great card Karen; love your layout and the embossing!

joy said...

Absolutely lovely card! Love your rich colors and the sponging around the birdbath!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Pretty card, Karen! I love pairing the birdbath with the bird! Nice background, too.

Lynette said...

Wonderful! Love the cute little birdie on the birdbath.

dmbennett said...

Wonderful card. Love that little bird. Love the blue and gold colors together.

Dawn